Monday, March 25, 2013

Marveling at the wonders of life....

It's not weigh in day yet but I felt like today is a good day to write. Have you ever sat on a dock at the edge of a lake as the sun rose, sipping a cup of coffee as the lake turned to gold? I have and sitting there I have felt complete and total peace. Although short lived that is the type of serenity I always look for and rarely ever find. Today in the midst of my normal chaotic Monday morning I was amazed to find that I have that exact feeling of serenity. I am astonished that I could be feeling this in my everyday routine. What is making me feel this way? I am attributing this bubble of peace to my newest lifestyle change.On Friday I decided to start going to the gym. I've had my membership for almost 2 years now so I figured I may as well start using it. I was at the gym for an hour and fifteen minutes and I had an amazing work out. Although I am still very heavy my Zumba classes have left me in much better shape than my previous trips to the gym and I found I got much more out of it. I returned to the gym yesterday for another work out. I took my youngest son with me who is 16 and weighs about the same as I do now. I'm committed to helping him get healthy with me. He is a couple of inches taller than me and he has less to lose so I think by the end of the summer he'll be in really good shape. We spent 2 hours at the gym and we are going to go 3 days a week together. My muscles although sore feel amazing. I feel like I have muscles I didn't even know existed. I have more energy than I have had in months. You always hear diet and exercise is the way to lose weight. We know it and we fight it, always looking for a quick easy way. If everyone could feel this good then no one would fight it anymore. I can't wait to go back to the gym on Tuesday but for tonight I have Zumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment