Monday, September 24, 2012

addictive personalities

I just had a thought this weekend and I figured I'd share. I have always believed myself to have an addictive personality. I tend to find things I like and I latch on with a vengeance. It has often been true with movies and books and I would even say food. In the almost 6 months since I have been eating in a more healthy way I can say I believe my food addition to be broken. I find eating more of a chore than a treat. I eat because I have to in order to survive and truthfully I like it better this way. Over the last few days I notice a new addiction forming. I believe that I am addicted to weight loss. Everyday now I am seeing changes in my body. Things I had grown miserably accustomed to are changing for the better and with the deepening of each curve and the thinning of each crease I find it gives me almost a high. Of all things I noticed my shins have thinned out and gained some muscle definition. My hips when laying on my side no longer have a hump but now form a smooth curve. The feeling is so far beyond the simple joys of seeing the reduced number on the scale. It seems over night people have begun to see the difference and I am thrilled to say the next size down has become loose. I wore my original size jeans this weekend (due to a need to do laundry) and they were so loose they almost fell down twice. I feel better than I have in so long it's mind boggling. My only concern is that I will not know when to stop. Like so many things in my life I worry that thin will not be thin enough for me. I have no doubt in my mind that I will succeed in losing all the weight. Now I fear that I will get too thin because I just won't be satisfied. I will always want to lose one more pound. For now I have plenty more to lose so I will try not to concern myself too much. Wow this is awesome. I wish everyone could feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment