Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Welcome to the Hunger Games....

I am in my own arena fighting myself and losing. This week I came in with an 1.8lb. gain. This is certainly not the end of the world but definitely a step in the wrong direction. I made Wednesday my cheat day which paved the way for bad eating Wed. through Sun. My calf has proven to be a difficult injury to recover from and kept me out of the gym for the last week. At the end of it all it was a bad week. I did get a call from my doctor telling me that I no longer had to be on blood pressure medicine which is no small victory. She also told me that I shouldn’t be off my thyroid medicine and that it was probably making it harder for me to lose weight.  Funny to think I’ve lost 100lbs the hard way.  So tomorrow I will start back on my medication. May that will get me out of this weird funk that has left me basically in the same place I was in back in April. I really don’t want to have to deal with loose skin so I will have to be careful that I don’t start to lose too quickly but putting two weeks together of some real weight loss sure would feel good about now.  She told me that being off the medicine was probably making me sluggish which kind of makes sense since all the added energy I was seeing before seems to have disappeared. I’m hoping that next week will bring good things. I’m looking to get below 200lbs by Christmas. That gives me 4 months to lose 30+ pounds. I think I can.  Until then……Be well.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment