Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello world,
  It's been a bit since I was away on vacation and there was no Internet access on the lake. I arrived at the lake house on Tuesday and knowing I had to weigh in the next day (yes I brought my scale with me) I was good the first night. I was rewarded with a 2 and a half pound loss. Wednesday we went on a wine tour. It was a great deal of fun but I had far too much to drink. Overall I was very well behaved all week. The only really bad thing I ate was half a piece of cheese cake which admittedly is very bad. The big issue was that I was with my family and we drank too much most of the time. I knew that I would pay this week but nothing could have prepared me from this morning. I almost forgot it was weigh in day. I kinda wish I had. Not even 2 days of Zumba in a row could save me from the alarming 4.2lb gain I was greeted with this morning. Part of me feels like the scale must be wrong but I know weight loss isn't easy and weight gain is too easy.  The fact is I spent 3 days drinking liquid fat and that is the result. So, I came home on Saturday and got right back on track. That's all I can do. The gain is in my past and now I move forward. Today is a new beginning and I'm not going to beat myself up over my mistakes. This is a long road I'm on and if I occasionally need to sit down at the side of the road and take a break that's fine. As long as I don't turn back when i get up and start walking in the wrong direction I'll get to my destination eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment