Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Commitment, Failure, Re-commitment all part of the road to success.

Hello again. It's been awhile I know. It got to be hard to log on week after week to share my failures. Some weeks I didn't even bother weighing in. This morning I weighed in at 296.4. For those of you that weren't keeping track that is 68.4lbs up from my lowest since I began this journey. It is a terrible feeling but I'm not giving up on myself just yet. Now that labor day has past I have to pull out my fall clothes and some of my pants just don't fit. I gave all my larger pants to the Rescue Mission. I'm sure most people would go out and buy new pants but not me. At this moment I am wearing pants that literally feel like they are slowly cutting me in half. It's hard to breath and extremely uncomfortable. I will have to feel like this for the next 8 hours until work is over. In a way I'm punishing myself for letting myself gain so much. Not much chance I will over eat today. I thought about it this morning and I came to some conclusions. First, if I refuse to buy larger clothes then I need to re-commit to losing weight. Second, my lack of motivation is my number one problem. My total goal is to get to 120lbs. That hasn't changed but being that I am very competitive and I respond well to challenges I've challenged myself to lose 20lbs in 28 days. That gives me 4 weeks at 5lbs a week. It's aggressive but I feel necessary. Unfortunately, I have no one but myself to keep me on it. I think I will seek out my co-worker that lost weight with me in the begining and ask her to be the person I check in with each week. If I know someone is watching I'm hoping that will keep me working for it. Until next week. Be well.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment