Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A renewal of committment.


This week I gained 1.6lbs. I’m not upset by this partly because it was sort of intentional. I took a week off. Not completely. I didn’t stick to my rules and I ate a number of things I shouldn’t have. I vegged out instead of going to the gym. I decided that my wavering commitment to losing all the weight needed a kick in the pants. So now that I gave myself an open window to give up on myself I have found that I don’t want too. I went back and looked at the progress I have made week to week. (Yes I keep a log) I found that I have been doing a lot of excess work. My pattern of 3 steps forward 1 step back and now 3 steps back and 1 step forward has meant that I spent a lot of time ‘re-losing’ weight. What I mean to say is that over the course of this journey I have actually lost 155.2lbs but I also gained 58lbs. So where I should now be within 60lbs of my main goal I instead still have to lose 116lbs. Although this is probably a good thing for my skin which has had time to make slow adjustments therefore not leaving me with piles of loose skin, it is still a boat load of unnecessary work. So, as of today I am recommitting myself to losing 116lbs more. Next week will show a loss and I will be back on the right path. Until then, be well.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment